NJ Disorderly Conduct

Disorderly conduct is a broad term that covers a wide range of offenses.  Some say that New Jersey’s proximity to the beach and vacation areas contributes to a number of disorderly conduct complaints.  Offenses of this nature are heard in municipal court.  Other than traffic tickets, disorderly conduct complaints are the most common in the local court systems.

Our New Jersey lawyers at DiFrancia & Associates, P.C. have provided legal representation to a number of individuals charged with disorderly conduct.  We give each matter individualized attention and explain the consequences of all guilty pleas or findings of guilt.  Our office will also discuss the plea process with you so that you can make an educated decision concerning your summons for disorderly conduct.

New Jersey Disorderly Conduct Attorneys

You may have been charged with disorderly conduct for loud and boisterous behavior after a night out on the town.  If your actions are disruptive and disturbing others, the police may bring charges against you.  This could be more pervasive if you used offensive language in communicating with others.

In some circumstances, you may be charged with disorderly conduct for lewdness.  According to NJSA 2C:14-4, you may be called to court if your commit “flagrantly lewd and offensive act” which you know or should reasonably expect is likely to be observed by other nonconsenting persons who would be affronted or alarmed.   
Disorderly conduct is described further in New Jersey law at NJSA 2C:33-2.  Disorderly conduct may include acting threateningly or fighting with someone.  If your behavior is considered an annoyance or creates an inconvenience, you may also be charged with disorderly conduct.

As experienced criminal defense lawyers in New Jersey, the Law Offices of DiFrancia & Associates, P.C. will review your charges and obtain all available discovery from law enforcement authorities.  We will ensure you have a clear understanding of your rights and any prospective penalties.  Our goal is to focus on a complete exoneration of your charges or have them downgraded.

Contact Us

Have been accused of disorderly conduct?   We can help you explore your options.  Contact us to learn how we can assist you.